Give to the Max to EEE on THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17th, 2016
This year, Give to the Max Day falls on November 17th. You may also schedule your donation ahead of time, beginning on November 1st (see below for details.) Donating to EEE is simple and there is no registration necessary.
How can I make a tax-deductible donation?
1) Visit this page and click on the “DONATE” button:
2) “Give to the Max” day is an all day event! Donate anytime, midnight to 11:59pm!
3) Tax receipts from GiveMN.org are sent to you automatically!
4) Schedule Your Giving! Between November 1st - 17th, 2016, you’ll be able to schedule your donations on GiveMN.org. Go to GiveMN.org, search for 'Eclectic Edge Ensemble', and select the scheduled giving option. It’s a great way to participate if you’re out of town or like to plan ahead.
How will your donation make a difference?
This is a pivotal time for Eclectic Edge Ensemble, and your support will help propel us forward with leaps and bounds. We are ready to keep building on this momentum in 2017 as we produce two major productions, (March 2017 @ The TEK BOX & July 2017 @ The Lab Theater) in which we will collaborate with multiple artists, and create new repertoire.
An important leg of EEE's mission is to continue to develop and expand our outreach program. Our 2017 outreach goal is to be actively engaged with multiple dance studios, schools, and community centers offering classes, workshops, intensives and lectures/demonstrations. Your donation will also provide valuable and necessary funding to our movement-based education program that works with at-risk and under-served populations.
Each contribution helps in a variety of ways including: providing rehearsal space; costuming; financial assistance for participants in our workshops or summer intensives; helps build our honorarium for our artists; and many production aspects of our shows!
EEE is thrilled to be a 501(c)(3), which means every private donation is tax deductible!
- Breathing life into jazz dance: One of the only jazz dance companies in the Twin Cities, Eclectic Edge Ensemble moves the jazz tradition forward within our local dance community while forging our own signature style.
- Musical collaboration: An important part of EEE's vision is to encourage the practice of collaboration, particularly between musicians and dancers. We feel that creating dance alongside original music allows the two art forms to merge together in the most organic way possible.
- A company that lives up to its name: we are eclectic in the make-up of our company members, in who we collaborate with, and in the kinds of pieces we create. By promoting variety we keep our performances fresh and keep challenging ourselves artistically.
What have we done?
This year, EEE celebrates its 14th year in the Twin Cities dance community, and our sights are set high for the future. Here are a few of our accomplishments to date:
- Over the past five years, EEE's outreach efforts have resulted in 19 residencies throughout the metro area, enabling us to provide a wide variety of movement-based education to students of all ages and abilities.
- EEE has produced 24 concerts around the metro area.
- EEE was a Sage Award winner for our production of Lost Voices in Jazz, in July of 2015!
- EEE has worked with more than 60 amazing dancers!
- EEE's artistic collaborations include: 15 local composers, 9 guest choreographers, Mad Munchkin Productions, musicians, and many other artistic designers.
What People Are Saying
"Foot Flight" shines in its lighthearted approach and Sloss' willingness to take artistic license while honoring the source material's spirit. Her adaptation echoes Shakespeare's themes about human folly and uses airy dancing to set the fun-loving tone. “- Caroline Palmer, Star Tribune 7/22/16
“Extraordinary dedication to creating different mediums of visual arts and music. Amazing growth in 5 years. The sky is the limit for your dance company.” - Patron comment from survey 2016
“There aren't many dance companies whose mission it is to bring the artistic vision of one person to life. But Eclectic Edge Ensemble is such a troupe.”- Rob Hubbard, Pioneer Press 7/14/2013
“Karis Sloss…..presented new works solid in construction, technique and execution.” - Camille LeFevre, Star Tribune, 7/21/08
“Karis Sloss is determined to bring jazz dance back, front and center.”- Linda Shapiro, Citypages, 7/18/08
“As a teacher and choreographer, Karis Sloss is the "real deal" - someone with a knowledge of dance, music and theater that honors the forms' histories and moves them into the present with skill, passion and insight." - Danny Buraczeski, Twin Cities jazz dance legend